Thursday, January 22, 2009

Capricorn

This is another sign that runs through my family. My maternal grandma, adult nephew and husband are the three that come to mind. All are very serious, all very work oriented, I can't speak for my nephew because I haven't been to his home, but both my grandma and husband leave a little to be desired when it comes to housekeeping. My theory on this is that it is(was) just not on their list of priorities.

My grandmother was very good with money, very frugal and was able to save up to buy her new cars with cash. She lived in a trailer with my aunt. She had a vegetable garden on her lot and worked for many years at a gas station during the day and as a newspaper delivery person before anyone else was awake. She didn't seem to have much of a sense of humor but I suppose if you were left by your husband to raise 8 children in a trailer you may not either.

My husband Is a much different story. He is very work oriented but absolutely HORRIBLE with finances. He hasn't seemed to mature to a point where he takes his responsibilities to heart. He wants to be responsible and he tries to do what is needed of him but the reality is he probably didn't have a model of the ideal father and patriarch. He had a father but he was a Libra Sun (square his son's) so they have very different ideas about family responsibility. I would think that His Libra parents also modeled a more indulgent lifestyle to their Cap sun Taurrus rising son. They often bought what they desired and set in motion that yearning for more where my grandmother had to survive the depression and had a much more pragmatic approach to life. I hope that he will be able to move into the energy of his sun sign because I truly believe this is where he will feel most accomplished however with that fixed sign indulgent ascendant it may be hard for him to change.

My nephew was born to my then 19 year old sister. his parents never married and he bounced around a lot. Much of his childhood was spent with my parents and I think that is why he is as well adjusted as he is today. He is a very serious boy and has a dry wit. He is very good with his little sister's and brother and has shown a responsibility beyond his years.

All of the Capricorns I have met have carried themselves with great dignity and have high moral standards. They tend to have difficult childhoods or great challenges that they have to overcome and generally the second half of their lives are happier and easier than the first. Late bloomers is what my mom used to call them. Regardless, they are good eggs.

No comments: